KIMS Trivandrum recently celebrated 10years of MRCP Excelpaces course with all the Delegates, Examiners and the members of the faculty of KIMS.
Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) is a sought after examination for Internal Medicine all over India, Middle East and Europe. The MRCP part two clinical examination (Practical Assessment of Clinical Examination Skills (PACES)) is designed to test the clinical knowledge and skills of trainee doctors and is a requirement to enter higher training in any of the medical specialties.]
EXCELPACES, is a PACES Course in India of the highest standard organized at KIMS, Trivandrum, Kerala, and is the brainchild of a group of dynamic and highly experienced senior MRCP PACES teachers from UK, Middle East, SriLanka, Malaysia and India. It is a quality training programme lasting for 5 days, every year taking place on 30th September, 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th of October. It is a sought after course with a waiting list up to one year. Most candidates come to Trivandrum from outside India from the GCC countries, Malaysia, Hongkong, Sudan, Egypt, Srilanka and from all over India to attend the course.
Excelpaces distinguishes itself with the following reasons:
- It is the only course outside UK accredited by the Federation of Royal Colleges of London, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Intensive, structured, dedicated and face to face coaching by more than 12 Senior current MRCP Examiners; half of them coming from the UK and rest from India, Middle East, SriLanka and Malaysia
- The last day of the training is a mock examination simulating the PACES examination, which gives tremendous experience to MRCP aspirants.
- The course prepares them for the next PACES exam with a targeted guidance, tailor made to their specific needs and focusing on their deficiencies especially in communication skills and history taking.
- Track record of very high first time pass rates, compared to any course in the world.
The 10th year celebrations of Excelpaces was inaugurated by Prof (Dr.) Krishnakumar, Former Professor and Head of the Department of Medicine and Head of the department of Nephrology, Medical College, Trivandrum in the presence of Dr M I Sahadulla, Chairman and Managing Director, KIMS Healthcare Group, Mr G Vijayaraghavan, Former Planning Board Member and Founder CEO of Technopark, Mr T P Sreenivasan, Former Ambassador to US and UN, and many other dignitaries and MRCP Examiners.
Dr Sahadulla announced that a structured Core Training Programme for passing the MRCP examination will be starting in KIMS soon in affiliation with the Federation of the Royal Colleges of UK. This will encourage exchange of expertise between Royal College and KIMS so that the patients also will benefit.